The crossbreed of a sneaker and a mountain boot is just that - works well in rough terrain, but fits like a sneaker. Means it's possible to give a good sprint if necessary. Lined with Gore-Tex and has a bit of shaft too. "Military" colour scheme, i.e. black. A popular choice among many special forces etc. these days.
Known for sports & off-road shoes, Salomon has nowadays ventured to military territory too. As one could imagine, the footwear they make is a mix of military requirements and sport shoe features. This certainly isn't a bad thing - here's a pair of all-terrain boots with a stiff sole but comfortable fit.
- Lamella features on tread lugs for even better grip
- Models with EN suffix have nail-protected soles (EN ISO 20344:2011)
- Instep reinforcement for rope descents
- The good old features are still there:
- Non-marking, stiff sole with a very intricate cushion midsole and rough tread pattern.
- Upper made of nubuck leather and Cordura.
- Inner lined with breathable fabric.
- Between the layers sits the Gore-Tex membrane.
- Cushioned, porous insole.
- Traditional lacing with lace locks in the middle. The upper eyelets are made of metal.