Hornady .17 Hornet
If there ever was a cult classic varmint cartridge it’s the .22 Hornet – now Hornady has necked down the case to .17 calibre, creating the .17 Hornet!
Distributed by Cheshire-based wholesaler Edgar Brothers, Hornady’s innovative new .17 Hornet round propels the 20 grain V-MAX at 3,650fps. Fueled with Superformance powder, the .17 Hornet Superformance Varmint is economically priced, and delivers the trajectory of a traditional 55 grain .223 load, but is a pleasure to shoot with the felt recoil of a .22 WMR. The .17 Hornet – an economical, fun .17 calibre centrefire cartridge that puts the sting on vermin out to 300 yards!
Founded in 1949, Hornady is a family owned business headquartered in Grand Island, Nebraska. Proudly manufacturing products that are "Made in the USA", by over 300 employees, Hornady is a world leader in bullet, ammunition, reloading tool and accessory design and manufacture.
- 3,650fps muzzle velocity with a 20 grain V-MAX bullet
- Same C.O.L. as the .22 Hornet – uses the existing action
- Trajectory comparable to a traditional 55 grain .223 Rem, but the felt recoil of a .22 WMR
- Less fouling, barrel wear, powder and pressure compared to the .17 Rem
- Lower cost and comparable quality to the .17 Fireball and .223 Rem
SRP: £89.99 (per 100)
9 or above